Friday, May 2, 2014

Lately.....



Writing.....I wrote a few words about being a working Mum for the lovely Trishie over on the 'Under Lock and Key' blog. I really enjoyed writing this little piece and hope you enjoy reading it.

Loving.....these 'handcrafted bali dolls' from Pigeon Pudding. These were an Instagram discovery and now a certain little someone is getting one for her 2nd birthday. I love supporting 'handmade', 'fairtrade' and 'small businesses'.  These dolls are handmade in Bali by the Yayasan Kasih Peduli Anak (YKPA) foundation. YKPA is a not for profit organisation and registered orphanage which provides much needed care, shelter and education to neglected and abused Bali street kids.

Eating.....I've been pinning lots of dinnertime ideas over on Pinterest. Our evening meals were becoming somewhat predictable and I was desperate to try some new recipes. The yummiest dish so far has been this 'Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken'. You should try it!

Buying.....I managed to buy myself one of the last few copies of issue 1 of 'Hundreds and Thousands' magazine. I can't wait for the postman to deliver it. Handmade at its best!

Anticipating.....the new homewares collection by Beci Orpin. arrohome.com.
 
Growing.....lots of lovely lemons. I love their imperfections, they say 'homegrown' and make them seem more 'real'.

Sending.....my very first pen pal package. Hopefully the first of many more lovely exchanges. I'll post some photos of my parcel next week.

Baking.....Millie and I made this 'Banana Cake with Greek Yoghurt Frosting' today. I'm loving our little joint baking adventures.

What have you been writing, loving, eating, buying, anticipating, growing, sending or baking lately?

Happy days to you!

Melinda x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for leaving a lovely comment! You just made my day x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...