On the 1st January 2011 we bought a dog (his name is Spud and he is crazy). On the 1st of January 2012 Blake awoke to me flashing a pregnancy test in front of his face. We were having a baby! On the 1st January 2013 we went to Masters Home Improvement and bought a mint plant. So.....if that's anything to go by, 2013 is going to be a big year!
I've never really been one for making strict new years resolutions but the lovely Sophie from Her Library Adventures put together a great list of goals for 2013 that inspired me to put down a few ideas of my own. Sophie's are much more fabulous than mine (there's fire twirling, hooping and ukulele action) but here goes.....
1. Live simply
2. Be creative and think creatively everyday
3. Be grateful for all that I have, everday
4. Give some lovin' to my Etsy shop
5. Blog regularly because I enjoy it
6. Choose happiness everday
7. Spend more time in the garden
8. Plan more family adventures, collect memories not things
9. Spend more time with family and friends, if the house doesn't get cleaned or the ironing doesn't get done, so be it. We will all live to see another day
10. Be the best Mum, Wife, Daughter and Friend I can be. Be present, be loving, be fun!
11. Dream BIG!
12. Participate in more handmade markets and bring Mum along for the ride
13. Be inspired, continue to fill my journal with ideas, things I love, my hopes and dreams
14. Be open to new things
15. Grow my own flowers so I can have fresh flowers in the house all year round
16. For gifts, buy handmade or locally produced or hand make myself, where possible
17. Take more photos
18. Smile more
19. Hug Blake more without him having to ask.....he'll love this
20. Take some time to smell the flowers.....and relax
I hope 2013 is a fabulous year for you.....may all your hopes and dreams come true! x