|Top Left: from here. Bottom Left: from here. Bottom Middle: from here. Bottom Right: from here. Top Right: from here. Middle Right: from here.|
I *may* have mentioned it a few times before but Christmas is by far my favourite time of the year. One thing that I always look forward to is the baking. Indulging in rocky road and gingerbread biscuits is all a part of the festive fun. Every year I bake sweet treats to package up and give as gifts to my loved ones. White Chocolate Rocky Road, Gingerbread Biscuits and Roasted Pistachio and Cranberry Chocolate Bark always make an appearance but this year I've been collecting a few alternative ideas over on Pinterest.
- Snowflake shaped gingerbreads. I usually always dust my gingerbread biscuits with icing sugar but I might attempt some royal icing this year. I love the snowflake shape too.
- Mini strawberry galettes. These look so festive and would be easy to carry to a family get together. No assembly required. You could use sour cherries as an alternative to the strawberries.
- Gingerbread house. I've always admired the beautiful houses/villages made of gingerbread but I never quite had the courage to make one myself. On Saturday night my friend hosted a 'lets get excited about Christmas' party and we all made a gingerbread house to take home. It was the best fun and I can't wait to do it again next year. If you would like to see my first attempt pop over and follow my instagram feed @mooseandbird.
- White chocolate dipped cherries. Yum! One of my Mum's favourite things is chocolate dipped strawberries. Cherries would make a nice alternative for Christmas.
- Linzer sandwich biscuits. I love the little tree that has been cut out of these.
- Christmas cake. I love the simplicity of this cake. Thick fluffy frosting and some simple silver trees. Perfection!
What do you traditionally bake at Christmas time? I'd love to know.
I hope your week has been delightful so far.
Happy days to you!