Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Collection: Vintage Coat Hangers


Some of my favourites from my collection!
 
I was flicking through issue 51 of frankie magazine over the weekend and came across a feature about Cintia Gonzalez-Pell, a collector of vintage coat hangers (page 78). It got me thinking about my accidental collection of vintage coat hangers and how much I love their colour and the craftmanship that has been put into such an everyday item.

I love the way in which Cintia describes her collection (it rings true for me also).....

"I don't search for coat hangers. They find me! Often they have clothes hanging on them, so I tend to scan the clothing racks at op shops quickly whenever I walk in, just in case. For me it's about the serendipity of discovering them while not really looking, rather than searching for them online or at vintage stores".

I must thank my Mum for finding a majority of my collection which includes 24 at this stage. They were picked up for anywhere from 20c to a couple of dollars. Money well spent I think!

Have you ever started collecting something accidently?  I'd love to know!

Happy days to you!

Melinda x

3 comments:

  1. Your coat hangers are beautiful! I love the fun and colorful patterns. Now I'm inspired to see if I could find any at the thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet little collection.
    The new Frankie mag is on my shopping list.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are all so cute! Yes I think I'm due to begin a new collection soon, coathangers would be lovely and useful too.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a lovely comment! You just made my day x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...