Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pear & Sour Cherry Crumble {gluten free}




Once a week we pack up the wee girl and head over to my Mum and Dad's place for dinner. It's become a much loved tradition, something we look forward to every week. Yesterday I decided to bake a yummy crumble to take with us.....without any apples in sight I opted for pears and to add a little extra crunch I added some macadamias to the top. It was delicious so I thought I would share the recipe.

Ingredients

800g pears, stewed
420g bottle of sour cherries
1 1/2 cups gluten free plain flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup macadamias, chopped
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Method
  1. Pre-heat oven to 200c (conventional) or 180c (fan-forced).
  2. Place the stewed pears and cherries into a medium sized ovenproof dish or individual ramekins that have been lightly greased. Set aside while you prepare the crumble.
  3. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
  4. Add the butter to the dry ingredients and use your fingers to mix them together - it should resemble a chunky crumb.
  5. Sprinkle crumble over fruit.
  6. Bake for 20-25mins or until the crumble is golden.
  7. Serve with whipped cream or custard.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. Have you shared any delicious recipes on your blog lately? I'd love to know, leave me a link in the comments below if you have.

Happy days to you!

Melinda x

2 comments:

  1. we had to ban morello cherries here when I was pregnant last festive season. ummm, no comment! ;) this recipe may mean we need to bring them back. plus i have much more self control when not growing a baby! xx ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had a pear and cherry crumble before, but I love the sound of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for leaving a lovely comment! You just made my day x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...